Thursday, July 24, 2008

Surprises all around...

First the bad. We visited the Myelo Clinic at Duke today and Brad is going to need new orthotics. Braces, actually, that will come up his leg and end just below the knee. And he'll most likely have to wear them until he's a teenager.

The urologist said that we should wait another six months before performing a test of Brad's bladder, which will involve catheterizing. Fine with me--let's postpone that as long as possible. We'll see him again in January.

The other physicians will see him back next year, and in the meantime we'll get those braces fitted.

Now the good.

I've been working on a new blog! Ever since I quit my job, I've been wanting to post more text rather than pictures. But this blog is supposed to be about the kids--we all know why you people come here--it's not for the ravings of a media-hating, bread-making, car-seat-safety-Nazi mommy--it's for the pics. Of the cute kids.

So I started a new blog. This blog is anonymous, so I won't link back to this blog from the new blog, though all of you will know who Mrs. Sprinkles really is. It will allow me a forum for my brilliant thoughts (take a moment to laugh...okay....moving on), it will allow me to freely post comments on other people's blogs without drawing them back here, and it will spare you all my ravings and give you what you most desire--the kids.

Having said all that, please feel free to click on through to the new blog and offer feedback.

Introducing:

Counting Sprinkles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Counting Sprinkles is great! Thanks for the update about Brad. Try not to feel guilty -- be thankful for good doctors who will help you take care of him and his special needs. Take care of yourself.
Kay