Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gray icing! I can't even begin to think how you would make gray icing!*

After we visited the spina bifida clinic last week, our dear friend Miss Kay sent a Thomas cake home for Bradford. I don't think I have ever seen him so excited!

What could possibly be in this box?

Could it be...

Yes, it is! A Thomas cake! The best part about this cake (at least, to me) is that all of the parts can be reused--I saved them all and I'll be using them again to make a cake for Brad's 4th birthday. It should be pretty easy--the cake was basically three layers--I figure I'll need about four sheet cakes to recreate this (though I may try to scale it down--this was a HUGE cake).

Brad just loved this cake, but someone enjoyed it more--come back tomorrow for the pics!

*Bonus points for you if you can name that movie (one of my all time favorites!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it made Brad happy! I had no idea how they would package it. I love the box it was in, too!
Any one who has tests at Duke deserves a special treat!
Miss Kay

Anonymous said...

Steel Magnolias