Monday, June 30, 2008

June

You can tell it's been a bad month in the stock market when you log into Vanguard and discover that the last time you logged in was May 31....

I used to log into our accounts obsessively, when the market was doing well. Now that we're officially in a bear market (see last Thursday and Friday's drops), I haven't been logging in as much. I update our net worth summary at the end of every month, so we can see where we're going and where we've been, financially speaking, and make sure we're making progress toward our goals. I was dreading doing this month, though. I can't believe the market is off 20% from 2006.

Part of me wants to run and hide in a corner and wait another month before updating our spreadsheet, and part of me wants to find all the cash I can and pour it into the stock market now while prices are down!! And still another part of me wishes I had no idea what the stock market is...ignorance would be bliss. :)

Still, I do trust that God is in control, and that the market always (eventually) goes back up again.

No comments: