Saturday, June 14, 2008

I can take a hint

Daddy and Brad went to Campbell University this morning to ride a helicopter!

Mommy and Anne stayed home together and spent the morning in the playroom, just hanging out. Anne likes to play by herself a little bit and then come and sit on my lap for a few minutes and then go play some more. Then we tidied up the house a bit and came downstairs to have an early lunch, around 11:15am.

I sat Anne in her high chair and she attacked her potato salad. I turned on my computer to check my email. A few minutes later I glanced over at Anne and she was no longer attacking her lunch, but putting small pieces languidly into her mouth with droopy eyes. A few minutes after that she started yawning. The next time I looked over she was asleep.

I can't recall a child of mine ever falling asleep in a highchair, and especially not when they were eating! It's 11:32 now, and Anne is sound asleep upstairs in her crib.

No comments: