Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The wonder that is Craigslist

I LOVE craigslist. I use it all the time. I used it to find a replacement for my old job in DC, I used it to find a job in NC, I used it to house hunt, I used it to sell old baby items, and now I've used to to get rid of two desks.

The previous owners of our home left three desks that we just don't have room for--one I had to smash and take apart to get out of the room, but the other two are intact and nice. They've been sitting in our basement, but with the pending arrival of the grandmother, we're on high-cleaning alert. So I told the good craigslist people that I had two FREE desks--they had to be gone by Friday. I posted that at 10:09am and had six responses by 10:34am, before I put a hold on the ad. Isn't that lovely? If you call the Salvation Army or Goodwill, they take two-four weeks to arrive. But with craigslist, the desks be gone tonight. Praise God for the internet! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to read you're on "high-cleaning alert!" Isn't it great to have the mother visit???? : )

Mom said...

Well, I'm glad to read you're on "high-cleaning alert!" Isn't it great to have the mother visit???? : )