Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Candyland

When we were visiting Mimi in Louisiana, Joanna mentioned that she and Grace played Candyland every day. I realized that I didn't have any board games, and that it would probably be a good way for Brad to learn not just his colors (he really knows them), but patience, structure, and the art of losing. So I found Candyland and Chutes and Ladders on eBay. I think I paid $3.99 for Candyland (including shipping!) and maybe $5 for Chutes and Ladders. Gotta love the eBay!
So far we've only played Candyland, and I have to tell you: I've forgotten how LONG that game is. Every time one of us gets near the finish line, we get a card that sends us back almost to start. I notice they've also retooled the little spaces that you used to get stuck on until you drew a card of the same color--now you just lose a turn. Maybe they were thinking the kids didn't have enough patience to wait until they picked up that card. Frankly, I'm glad of the change--the game is long enough!

1 comment:

Charissa said...

I played either Candyland or Chutes and Ladders every day with my mom when I was Brad's age! I always cried when I lost. Hopefully Brad will learn the art of losing better than I did.