Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter

I started reading the Harry Potter books in 2003. I think I like them because they're quick-n-dirty and give lots of details. When I read fiction (rare these days) I like long, well-populated novels with lots of details and a drawn-out saga. The never ending book, if you please. Think Lord of the Rings. Or all eight of the Anne books. So while I have serious misgivings about letting children read Harry Potter (don't ask why--that would be a 1,000 word essay), I can take away the good and leave the bad while enjoying a quick read.

Anyway, all that to say, I'm not going to pay $17.99 for a book I'll read once. And I didn't have to. When I put myself on the wait list at the library, I was number 249...five days into release, it's available for pickup! The library must have bought a TON of books, and people must have read it pretty quickly. So if I'm tired and cranky tomorrow morning, it's because I've been up reading about you-know-who.

No comments: