Saturday, February 04, 2006

He's Such a Boy





Okay, I know my son is a boy. But the first time the thought, 'He's SUCH a boy,' crossed my mind was yesterday in the kitchen. I was making dinner and the recipe called for ketchup. I dutifully pulled it out and started squeezing it into the measuring cup. Well, there wasn't much left, so when I squeezed it made...well, you know...that sound. Brad immediately stopped, looked up, and laughed. I did it again, and he laughed harder than I've ever seen him laugh before. I did it a few more times and I thought he was going to keel over, he was laughing so hard. It's nice to know that sort of low-brow humor is always appealing to men worldwide.

These are pictures of him at dinner tonight, also illustrative of what it is to have a boy. He put food EVERYWHERE. Not on purpose, he just happened to be eating extremely messy leftovers. At one point (and believe me, I'm SO sorry I didn't get pictures of this), he had a ravioli stuck to his forehead. When I saw it I nudged Doug and the two of us laughed hysterically, and very quietly, into our hands while Brad tried to figure out where he had put that ravioli. He found it after a few minutes, looked at it, and stuck it in his mouth. Brad is so entertaining. I don't know why we even have a TV.

Oh, and this morning, unprompted, he said, 'shoe.' Every day, more and more, I love being a mother. Especially now when Brad is starting to talk and really understands me and laughs at everything (though he's always been a big laugher) and can start to really play games. I love watching him learn new things...I could go on for several more paragraphs in this vein, so I'll stop now...being a mom is so MUCH FUN!!

No comments: